Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 7

Camping

Hello Again -
We are back from Zion, UT. WOW, was it amazing there. We ended up staying 2 nights instead of the original plan which was just for one night. The weather was like 20 degrees less than Vegas, it was awesome. We decided to take my sister Kelly and her best friend Tasha camping a couple weeks ago when we were making a list of things to do while they were here. I'm so glad that we did. They had a lot of fun. (This was Tasha's first time camping in a tent.)


Here are some photos from Zion.

We decided to have a "Set Up Tent Race". This was the tent Steve & Kelly set up together. They won, only because Tasha & I had a few technical difficulties.


This is the tent Tash & I set up. Yeah for us! We did it all by ourselves.


Here is a picture of Kelly and Tash in their tent.



This is a "Trolly" that you can take all over the park. It is a 8-mile ride to go all the way up and back down again. It was a lot of fun and very scenic. The trolly's runs from 7am - 11pm. They would even take you into town to go shopping.


We did 2 trails. The first trail was called Weeping Rock and the second trail we did was Emerald Pools. They were both beautiful! Here are some pictures we took on both of those trails.



Everyone enjoying Beef Jerky :)



We also went to two movies "Batman Begins" and "Dukes of Hazzard" (both really good by the way). We shopped, sang, sat around our latern (we couldn't have campfires because everything was too dry), played cards and ate a lot of PB&J.

I'll update again soon!
Sara

10 comments:

Steph Stanger said...

wow...I didn't even recognize kelly! How old is she now? That must have been s much fun, it looks beautiful!

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

I'm jealous, that looks so fun! I have never been out West but it is definately on my to-do list!

Crystal Starr said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun Sara and made some good memory's!

Steve and Sara said...

Thanks guys! Kelly is 16 now. WOW... I can't even believe it myself. I'll post on what we did more either today or tomorrow.

Crystal Starr said...

We are going camping next weekend in tents and your pictures are making me excited!!

Steve and Sara said...

We didn't bring the quads because we didn't know where you could ride around there. We also didn't know if you could bring them in the camp site.

The dogs just stayed home. They have a doggie door so we just filled up their water and food. They do ok if it's just for a day or two. Any more than that and they need to be kenneled.

Steve and Sara said...

Yeah Dad -
I'm glad you are leaving comments! Very cool! Thanks :)

Steve and Sara said...

Crystal -
Camping was so much fun! You're going to have a blast. Have you been before? I can't wait to see your pics ;)

Steph Stanger said...

sooo..Mark and I are talking about coming to Vegas in the fall!! It probably won't happen because were all talk and no play but who knows??? Wouldn't that be sooo much fun!? It would have to be Sept or early Oct I think.

Steve and Sara said...

That would be awesome! You guys can stay with us if you would like!! I would love for you guys to come. Flights are usually pretty reasonable too! Keep me posted!