|You scored as English. You should be an English major! Your passion lies in writing and expressing yourself creatively, and you hate it when you are inhibited from doing so. Pursue that interest of yours!|
What is your Perfect Major?
created with QuizFarm.com
Sunday, August 27
Sunday, August 20
I'll read one book by an author and love it, so then I read all their other books. My top 3 favorite authors are: Catherine Anderson, Janette Oke and Nicholas Sparks.
Here's My Answers:
1. One book that changed your life? A Walk To Remember by Nicolas Sparks. This was the very first book that I read front to back and was addicted ever since. This book is SO much better then the movie, even though the movie was awesome too! My sister-in-law Amy was the one that passed this book onto me, so she is to blame ;O)
2. One book that you have read more than once? I could read ANY of Catherine Anderson's books, over and over. I have liked them all. Annie's Song is my favorite. The description isn't that great, but it's set back in the 1800's. It doesn't really tell you that. It's a very, very good book.
3. One book you would want on a desert island? I would take an Idiots Guide by Frank Sargent, because I would want to get off the island. Although I have not read this book, I'm sure it would help somehow... on an island.
4. One book that made you laugh? Ha, ha... well... Chicken Soup For The NASCAR Soul by Jack Canfield, Jeff Aubery, Mark Victor Hansen, Jeff Aubrey, Matthew E. Adams. I got this book for Christmas one year from Steve, because we are pretty big NASCAR fans. We all love NASCAR ;O)
5. One book that made you cry? A Child Called It, The Lost Boy & Man Named Dave all by Dave Peltzer. They not only made me cry, but made me physically sick. If you haven't read them, don't let that stop you, they are very, very good books!
6. One book you wish had never been written? Well, that's a little harsh but, A Million Little Pieces by James Frey. I read this book and was so dissapointed when I learned he made up half of the information in the book. I wish he would have just written about his own experience, or at least made it so it was a non-fiction book. Either way would have been fine.
7. One book you are currently reading? The Love Comes Series by Janette Oke. I have read this series before many times. I love the values and guidance these books give you in the background of the main story. It's very inspiring. I also love the writting of Janette Oke. All these books take place in the 1800'ish era.
8. One book you have been meaning to read? The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown. I have tried a few times and just couldn't understand what I was reading. I get too confused with big words. So I try every so often, because I really want to read it, but then I stop because I have read chapters and couldn't tell you want's been going on. I'll get through it someday though.
If you would like to make a book list of your own copy and paste these questions and put them in a new post on your blog. Crystal, Mom, Brooke & Amy - It would be neat to see what you answer for these questions. If you can or want to...
Wednesday, August 16
He had to create a new one. I think he did something weird with the profile, because I tried everything to get into the old one and it didn't work. So, please use this one: www.steveschweigs.blogspot.com when you want to visit/comment. He just updated too ;0) Woo-hoo!!!
Wednesday, August 9
Here's a picture of the downtown Chicago skyline. This is from the rooftop too, just behind us.
This weekend Steve and I are going to spend the weekend just the two of us (since it's been awhile since we have spent any time together). We were going to go camping, but with Steve hurting his back, we didn't want to chance it. So we decided to take the train into Chicago and spend the day at the museums & navy pier. I can't wait ;0)!!
Tuesday, August 8
So, here are some of the photos that I took while in Florida. I didn't get as many as I wanted to because my battery died and I didn't bring the charger, but I got some really good ones. I'm so glad that I was able to get a few group shots. See below for the photos and comments!
This photo was taken in Tennessee. Kentucky, Tennessee & Colorado are the most beautiful states I have ever been too. In about 10 hours, you can make it from where I live in IL, to Tennessee. It's a wonderful drive!
Here's a picture of the windshield. Look closely and you can see all the bug guts ;0) Ha, ha... it's so gross. It is really cool to see the rock wall on one side and all the greenery on the other side. The drive down was awesome. We made it in 18 hours!!
Picture of my Dad ;0) I think the 4 of us girls drove him crazy!! Ha, ha... poor guy!!!
My Step-Mom Janet reading the map & watching a movie.
Jackie is the I-Pod THIEF (j/k)!!! Ha, ha... we listened to my I-Pod at first, and then I just gave it to her (or she took it over, not sure which, LOL) but I could only listen to so many oldies, and Jackie is an oldies junkie! LOL!! She did really, really good. I think my parents are going to get her an I-Pod after this trip. She really loved that thing and it kept her so busy.
Me & Bean (Kelly, isn't she adorable?). This was taken on day number 2 in the van. We're almost there! Yeah!!
Before we met up with the rest of the family, we made a detour stop at Typhoon Lagoon. It is a water park located inside Disney, but seperate from Disney World. It was so much fun, this photo was taken after we got back in the van and we were heading back to our hotel.
Above is the resort we stayed at for a week. It's a time share that my parents have along with my uncle, he has one too. This is the view from my parents balacony. You can see the pool and the ocean behind it. We were told that they caught a 9 foot shark about 1 month ago right outside this hotel, so I only went in the ocean 2 times.
Here is the whole family ;0) Most of the time we cooked dinner at the resort. Each of the rooms had a full kitchen, so we grocery shopped and cooked right in our rooms. This night however, we went out to Gators. We go here every year.
This is all of my cousins (well minus Kelly, Jackie & Lisa because they are under 21). Monday night we all went to the bar that is down the street. They had a jukebox that had any type of music you could imagine. We sat there and listened/danced to music all night. It was so fun ;0) Trish & Brooke, if you look close, I'm having BOLIVES!!!! LOL!!!!
Another photo of all of us from that night. Me, my cousins: Steph, Missy behind her, Jeff in the blue & Justin in the red.
The 3 girls! This was taken right before we left to go back to the hotel at about 1:30am.
This man is a state volunteer to rescue baby sea turtles. He goes to the beach in the morning and the late afternoon to dig up nests that have already hatched to see if he can find anymore baby turtles that were not strong enough to make it on their own. He does this only by volunteer.
Once he finds the turtles, he puts them in a bucket and lets them go in the evening (after dark). On average there are between 80-100 eggs per nest. The nests are about 3-4 feet under the sand. They have the cutest flippers and were climbing all over each other. Very adorable!!
Here's the whole tribe: (front sitting L-R) Aunt Karen, Uncle Bob, Aunt Kathy & Uncle Milan
(back sitting L-R) Sister Kelly, Mom Janet
(standing L-R) Cousin Steph, Sister Jackie, Me, Cousin Lisa, Cousin Melissa, Cousin Jeff, Aunt Nancy, Uncle Chuck, Cousin Justin and Dad Kurt.
I had to save this photo for last. This is Jackie showing her gangsta face!!! LOL!!! She has "tude" and knows how to use it ;0) Ha, ha...
So much fun!!! Thank you so much again Mom & Dad for inviting me and paying for everything! It was awesome!!!
Sunday, August 6
I'm back (just got in this evening), but exhausted. I have a bunch to tell you and I can't wait... but I really, really, really need sleep. Here's a picture to tie you over. I had SO MUCH FUN!!! It was a blast. I promise to post more later.
Here is a photo of everyone that was at West Palm Beach, FL.
Oh... and I have read everyones blogs... love it... love it... everyone has posted so much!!! I didn't have a chance to respond yet... I'm SO sorry. I promise to in a few days. I have a lot of catching up to do... I really enjoyed reading them all though!!
Love you guys!!