Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 13

My Dear Sweet Baby Boy - The Green Bean Story

A few afternoons ago, you decided that you no longer wanted to eat green beans.  You have loved them 1,462 time prior to this afternoon, but all of a sudden you no longer like green beans.  Here's how our afternoon went:
Lee: I'm all done.
Mommy: No Lee, please eat your green beans, then you can get down.
Lee: No, I want a treat!
Mommy: You can have a treat after you finish your green beans.
Lee: NOOOOOOO!!!!!
Me: YEESSSS!
Lee: I'm too tired to eat my green beans.
Me: Well, just eat them quickly and you can go take a nap. (this is usually his nap time after lunch).
Lee: No, I can't do it.  I'm toooooo tired.
Steve: Well, then you'll have to eat your green beans after your nap.  (This was a mistake that we will never do again).
Lee: Ok! (Gets down and goes upstairs).
Steve: Lee, remember after your nap, you have to finish your green beans before anything else to eat.
Lee: Yep, ok Dad.  Yep, Uh huh.  Ok.
Steve: (phone rings, he gets a call and leaves for work).
Lee goes down for nap.  12:30pm

3:30pm - Lee wakes up from nap.
Lee: I'm hungry.  I want a snack.
Me: (remembering what Steve said...) you have to finish your green beans before you can have anything else.
Lee: NOOOOO... I no like green beans.
Me: Lee, there's only (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6... 7) 7 green beans to eat.  Just eat them quick and you can have something else.
Lee: (sits in his chair and starts throwing them on the floor).
Me: ( buckle him in his chair realizing there's a battle up ahead)
Me: (then picks up his green beans off the floor and puts them back on his plate).
*side note: Lee licks and eats everything and I'm pretty sure at that point and time my floor was fairly clean.*
Lee: NOOOOOOOO

Fast forward to 6pm.  Steve is back from work.  Lee is .. dum-ditty-dum .. still in his chair.  He finally gets hungry enough to eat the 7 green beans and then gets a full plate of dinner, which he devours.

Now, this story is not over yet.  Fast forward some more with me to last night grocery shopping.  We are in the vegetable isle.  Lee is in the grocery cart.  I am pushing the cart.  Elsie is asleep in her car seat.  I have my list.  I'm not paying much attention to Lee, just focusing on the things I need, and trying to get out of the store.  We happen to pass the "green bean" section of canned items.

Lee: Mommy, look, my favorite beans!
Me: (staring at him in complete and udder shock)
Lee: can we buy some green beans?
Me: No, you wouldn't eat them last time.
Lee: No, I love green beans.
Me: (still staring at this human form of a boy that resembles my son, not really knowing what to say)
Lee: (SCREECHING as loudly as he can) I WANT MY GREEN BEANS, please Mommy!
I bought him 2 cans.  Then ran home so I could reassemble my jaw correctly.  It seems the bottom portion fell off.

Last note: I was never planning on giving Lee green beans ever again, to avoid the above scenario from happening, ever again.

No comments: