Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 26

10 Days of Christmas

Merry Christmas Everybody! We made it home safely late last night (Christmas Eve) and I wanted to post the pictures and share the events of our trip. I will call it "The 10 Days of Christmas".
*
On the 1st Day of Christmas: We flew into O'hare Airport about noon. My Dad picked us up and we had Nick's Pizza with my Grandparents.

*
On the 2nd Day of Christmas: We had our Schumacher Christmas Party at St. Catherines Church (in the school gym). Here are some pictures attached. I have listed names of everyone.

The game of "P-I-G"
Everyone playing inside the gym.


My cousin Tayna & her husband Tim

My cousin Michelle & Aunt Janet

My Uncle Franz & his daughter (my cousin) Kayla

My cousin Steph & her mom (my Aunt) Annette

My cousins Jeff & Rachel with their mom (my Aunt) Sue

My Uncle Rick and his daughter (my cousin) Mal

All cousins (L-R): Ricky, Jeff, Marty, Ryan & Brenden

My Mom (Janet) & Dad (Kurt) - Aren't they cute!

These are all my cousins that are under the age of 18. They are sitting in a circle to do a gift exchange.

*

On the 3rd Day of Christmas: We went to my Mom's house to visit with her. We ended up going to Woodfield Mall to shop a little. For lunch we ate at P.F. Changs and Rick made us dinner. It was very busy & very fun!

*

On the 4th Day of Christmas: We visited with our friends Crystal, Kim, Steph & Mark. It was SO great to see them. I didn't get a picture of Kim (sorry). Later that evening, Crystal, Kelly, Steph & I all went to Spring Hill Mall to do a little more shopping. I had a really great time seeing and spending time with ya'll ;)

Malachy - I love this picture!

The Stanger Family - Aren't they so cute?
(L-R): Steph, Malachy & Mark

My friend Crystal & her daughter Maddison - so cute too!

This is Maddison's brother Frank & sister Emily (all 3 are Crystal & Scotts). They were so good and super polite too, I still can't believe how big they are. It was so great to see everyone and catch up!
*

On the 5th Day of Christmas: We stayed home for the most part and were bums (although we did manage to go out for lunch, it was Kelly, Steve & I - we had Nick's Pizza again). My Dad & Mom had to work, so Kelly, Steve & I just hung around home and waited for Jackie to get home from school. Later that evening, my Dad took Steve & I to my mom's house so we could spend the next 2 days with her. Rick, Donika & I met my mom at work right when she got off and went to Fridays for dinner.

Kelly lounging around on the couch!

*

On the 6th Day of Christmas: We made a huge turkey dinner at my moms. It was really good, and the best part was learning my Grandma Billings stuffing recipe. Thanks Mom!

My Mom (Karen) & husband (Rick)

*

On the 7th Day of Christmas: We chopped all my hair off :) - My mom cut & highlighted my hair. It's really short & I love it. We looked at old pictures & had pizza again for dinner (yum)! Later that evening my Mom & Rick took Steve & I back to my Dad's house. The rest of our stay we were at his house. Thanks Mom, I had a wonderful visit!

Donika is doing her new move - "The Whip"
(R-L): Donika (my sister) & my Mom (Karen)


*

On the 8th Day of Christmas: My Dad & Mom only had to work until noon, so we hung around the house a little and then went out for dinner. We went to a place called "Cruisin". They have great food & a really fun environment. After, we came home and opened presents. It was such a wonderful night, we had a fire going too! Thank you Mom & Dad!


My sister (Jackie) & Dad - right before we opened presents

My Mom & Kelly - right before we opened presents as well.

Jackie handing out the presents to everyone. She did a GREAT job!

*

On the 9th Day of Christmas: (Christmas Eve) We had dinner with my Grandparents again, it was very good, a place called "Ritzies". Thank you Grandpa & Grandma for dinner, it was delicious! After dinner, we headed back to Las Vegas. I was very sad to leave, but I will be looking forward to starting the process to move back home. Once we start that, time should fly by.

*

On the 10th Day of Christmas: (Christmas Day) We headed off to Steve's Moms (Lil) house here in Las Vegas. We had a small delay (there was a car accident) but we finally made it. It was great to see everyone and chow on good food!

Steve & his brother (John)

Sylvia (a good friend to the family)

Tom & Steve's Mom (Lil)


*

Thank you to everyone for making our trip so special. This will definetaly be one trip I will never forget. It was filled with joy, sadness & excitement. Joy - for all the wonderful days we spent with our family and friends. Sadness - because we had to leave and we didn't get to see everyone we wanted too, we just didn't have enough time. Excitement - because if everything goes smoothly we should be moved back by April/May. We hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday and we are deeply sorry if we were not able to make it to see you.
Merry Christmas and have a great New Year in 2006!

3 comments:

Crystal Starr said...

Sara what a fun post, I loved seeing all of the pictures of you family. You have a HUGE family and they are all so beautiful.

I'm so glad you had so much fun here on your trip. It really looks like you got to see a lot of people and do a lot of fun things.

I love your new hair cut, I liked it before too. You're just so beautiful it looks good either way.

My kids had so much fun with Steve and Kelly they thought they were so funny and cool.

I can't wait for you to move back.

Love you!!

Brooke said...

This is a great blog. It looks like a wonderful visit. Cannot wait to hear more stories tomorrow at work!

Anonymous said...

Hey. I miss you already!!! The christmas party was so much fun.