Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 19

Updates...

So, it's 1:30am and I can't sleep. I decided to make a PB&J sandwich and post some updates.
~
Steve is doing really well with his back. He finished his physical therapy and the dr. released him back to work full duty. So he was relieved to hear that. He is still really sore sometimes, but other than that he says he feels really good.
~
We have been looking at different options for a back patio. We pretty much ruled out a wood deck, although we really like the look of it, we don't really like the upkeep you need for it. So we would like to either pour a patio or lay paver stones. The paver stones Steve can do himself. He has done this before too, and would like this challenge. The only problem I have with it, is still his back. It scares me that lifting all the dirt/sod out and all the stones in would really do more damage.
~
I'm doing really well, I have a job interview on Wednesday at noon with Citi Group. I'll let you know how it goes, but I had a short phone interview and it seemed to go really well. The girl I talked with seemed really nice.
~
Donika (my sister) has a new "beau" in her life. He's from Canada but he is Albanian. They usually move really fast in an Albanian culture, so this may sound really fast to some of you, but it is normal for them. He is 23 and Nika is 18. They met this summer while Donika was visiting her Dad in Europe. He's really cute and so sweet to her. They are not officially engaged, but they have talked about getting married alot and about rings (stuff like that). Nika doesn't have a picture of the both of them, so I'll post one as soon as they take one. Right now they are doing the long distance thing and talking on the internet/phone. He came already for one visit to meet my Mom in IL.
~
Ok, that's all the updates that I have, here are some pictures I took from when we went (a long time ago) downtown Chicago to the Shedd Aquarium Musuem. It was so much fun!! We walked everywhere. Here are some pictures I took while we were downtown.

Steve taking a break. This was when his back was still hurting him.

The dolphin show. I can't believe that I got such a good picture. That is all the dolphins they have execpt for one momma, because she had just given birth.



Ha, ha this is a boat that we saw on Navy Pier. We walked down to Navy Pier after the museum. I thought it was really funny.

4 comments:

Lillian D said...

Thank you so much. It's so nice to see pictures of home. I agree the name of that boat is very clever. HaHa. Can't wait to see a picture of Nikki and her beau. Why are you considering going back to work at a bank? With your experience at Stations you could work in advertising at a newspaper, the yellow pages, some PR group, etc. I didn't think you like banking!
Read my latest update. Surprise!
We're talking about getting a pop-up and someday touring. My retirement dream. Yeah!!!

LOL, Mom
P.S. I'll post all about the NASCAR truck race. It will be my first. Jim is going with me and he's new to all this.

Crystal Starr said...

Oh that sooooo fun about your sister and that guy!! It doesn't seem fast to me at all. If they know they want to spend the rest of their lives together why wait? That's how I feel anyway. =)

I like the patio idea for the same reasons. We have one and I think keeping up a deck is more work than it's worth. The stone patio sounds so pretty too but ya the back thing? hmmmm. . .

Super cute pics too Sara!!

Anonymous said...

DUDE....!!!!!!!!!!! I called Jason tonight. lol. We talked for almost an hour and we might hang out on Friday at the football game. He asked me to call him tomorrow, but then he told me that he had a girlfriend. :(

Brooke said...

Looks like you had a great time. I would love to get out of the house and do something.

That dolphin photo is great. You are so good with the camera.

Miss you and love you. Call me about the interview and I can update you on the Mexico trip.