Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 8

Family Reunion!!

Here are some pictures from my Dad's side family reunion. It was a TON of fun and I can't wait for next year. I didn't take nearly enough pictures. There was about 165 people there I think... I couldn't remember the official count, but it was somewhere around that number. This is very, very small for his side of the family too... not a lot of peops showed up this year.

Weekend activities included: horseshoe, basketball, pig, swimming, dancing, rollerbladding, texas hold'em, skins, mini-golf, bean bags, and drinking ;0) I think drinking was the main activity with the rest of these thrown in between... lol. Also, all of these were gambled on (tisk, tisk). Steve did really awesome at bean bags (which we found out is offically named "corn hole"). Never knew that... he got to the last final round and then lost out to some people I'm not sure who they were. Anywhoo... here are the rest of pics and comments!!



Me & Steven Lee (Dakota licking my leg). We were sitting around a campfire making smores. MMM...



My Dad & Step-Mom. Aren't they cute?!?!


My Aunt Laura and daughters Kayla & Marlana.


My Uncle Dick, Aunt Kate & their son Brenden (who I had to nearly sit on to get him to take this picture). This is the Aunt that found us our house! She's an awesome realtor, so if you should need one in the Chicagoland area, let me know!! She's the best!!


My cousin Marty & his cute girlfriend Alley (or Ally.. sorry). Aren't they adorable? Hee, hee... he thought I was around 38. LOL... I laughed so hard... it was really funny, because we are only 5 years apart. I used to torment him in his basement making him be my student, because I wanted to teach him how to write cursive. I was relentless... I tortured that poor boy. I wonder if he remembers?? I should ask him.


Cutie kellpootie Kelly Bean!!! I love that hat on her... I think this is a really cute picture!!!


This is the bean bag game. It was pretty much going from 10am - 10pm all weekend. We had a tournament a couple times and Steve kicked butt!!! Go honey ;0)

Here's how you play the game (if you wanted to know): You have 2 "boxes" one on each side. You stand at one box and throw 3 bean bags to get into the little hole that is ontop of the box. It's a point game, first person to 15 points (or over) wins. If you get a bean bag in the hole you get 3 points. If you get a bean bag ontop of the box (but not in the hole) it's 1 point. If the person you are throwing against get one in the hole or on the box, it's subtracted from your total from that round, otherwise it's added up in their total. It's hard to explain but once you start playing it's really fun!

Ok, that's all the photos I have for ya'll. I'll try to be better at posting. Sorry I've been slacking.

4 comments:

Lillian D said...

These pictures are great! Only 165 in attendance? Where did everybody stay? You must have had the entire campground reserved.
Good thing Steve stuck to bean bags I can only imagine what horseshoes would have done to his back. Keep having fun. Everyone out here misses you. At least that's what I keep hearing.
LOL XoXoXo. Mom

Crystal Starr said...

Super fun pictures Sara! You and Steve look so cute and you are so pretty!! Family reunions are fun I wish my dad's side of the family would have one. Well they do have a camping reunion one but nobody goes! =( We used to have reunions all the time when we were kids and I really miss them. I love my dad's side of the family so much!!

TheMildrens said...

Family reunions are fun! I'm living in a family reunion right now in fact. One... long...... family....... reunion........ hahahahaha!!! The pictures are great! Kayleigh actually finally posted something on her Blog and she promises to do more posting. Hey, the Texas State Fair is coming soon. I'm thinking that might be a REALLY good weekend for you guys to come visit! :)

Crystal Starr said...

Tag your it!!! ha ha