Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 8

Vacation Update!

Vacation!
So, here are some of the photos that I took while in Florida. I didn't get as many as I wanted to because my battery died and I didn't bring the charger, but I got some really good ones. I'm so glad that I was able to get a few group shots. See below for the photos and comments!


This photo was taken in Tennessee. Kentucky, Tennessee & Colorado are the most beautiful states I have ever been too. In about 10 hours, you can make it from where I live in IL, to Tennessee. It's a wonderful drive!

Here's a picture of the windshield. Look closely and you can see all the bug guts ;0) Ha, ha... it's so gross. It is really cool to see the rock wall on one side and all the greenery on the other side. The drive down was awesome. We made it in 18 hours!!

Picture of my Dad ;0) I think the 4 of us girls drove him crazy!! Ha, ha... poor guy!!!

My Step-Mom Janet reading the map & watching a movie.


Jackie is the I-Pod THIEF (j/k)!!! Ha, ha... we listened to my I-Pod at first, and then I just gave it to her (or she took it over, not sure which, LOL) but I could only listen to so many oldies, and Jackie is an oldies junkie! LOL!! She did really, really good. I think my parents are going to get her an I-Pod after this trip. She really loved that thing and it kept her so busy.

Me & Bean (Kelly, isn't she adorable?). This was taken on day number 2 in the van. We're almost there! Yeah!!

Before we met up with the rest of the family, we made a detour stop at Typhoon Lagoon. It is a water park located inside Disney, but seperate from Disney World. It was so much fun, this photo was taken after we got back in the van and we were heading back to our hotel.

Above is the resort we stayed at for a week. It's a time share that my parents have along with my uncle, he has one too. This is the view from my parents balacony. You can see the pool and the ocean behind it. We were told that they caught a 9 foot shark about 1 month ago right outside this hotel, so I only went in the ocean 2 times.

Here is the whole family ;0) Most of the time we cooked dinner at the resort. Each of the rooms had a full kitchen, so we grocery shopped and cooked right in our rooms. This night however, we went out to Gators. We go here every year.

This is all of my cousins (well minus Kelly, Jackie & Lisa because they are under 21). Monday night we all went to the bar that is down the street. They had a jukebox that had any type of music you could imagine. We sat there and listened/danced to music all night. It was so fun ;0) Trish & Brooke, if you look close, I'm having BOLIVES!!!! LOL!!!!

Another photo of all of us from that night. Me, my cousins: Steph, Missy behind her, Jeff in the blue & Justin in the red.

The 3 girls! This was taken right before we left to go back to the hotel at about 1:30am.

This man is a state volunteer to rescue baby sea turtles. He goes to the beach in the morning and the late afternoon to dig up nests that have already hatched to see if he can find anymore baby turtles that were not strong enough to make it on their own. He does this only by volunteer.

Once he finds the turtles, he puts them in a bucket and lets them go in the evening (after dark). On average there are between 80-100 eggs per nest. The nests are about 3-4 feet under the sand. They have the cutest flippers and were climbing all over each other. Very adorable!!

Here's the whole tribe: (front sitting L-R) Aunt Karen, Uncle Bob, Aunt Kathy & Uncle Milan
(back sitting L-R) Sister Kelly, Mom Janet
(standing L-R) Cousin Steph, Sister Jackie, Me, Cousin Lisa, Cousin Melissa, Cousin Jeff, Aunt Nancy, Uncle Chuck, Cousin Justin and Dad Kurt.
That's everyone!!

I had to save this photo for last. This is Jackie showing her gangsta face!!! LOL!!! She has "tude" and knows how to use it ;0) Ha, ha...

So much fun!!! Thank you so much again Mom & Dad for inviting me and paying for everything! It was awesome!!!

4 comments:

Crystal Starr said...

Oh man Sara those pictures were AWESOME! Your family is so fun and cute! I never really noticed before but you and Kelly look a lot a like (especially in the pic of just the two of you!). You guys are all seriously so cute with your sunburns I'm so jealous!!! Thanks for sharing all of those pictures it really looks like you had a ton of fun!! YAY for parents who pay for everything on vacations!!!

Anonymous said...

SS!!!!! I love these pictures!!! Your family looks so wonderful. Jackie's gangsta face is awesome! Guess what? Before I even scrolled down to read the caption on that one picture, I got so happy because I noticed your BOLIVE! I bet it was fresh and tasty, huh? I love and miss you SO MUCH!!!

TheMildrens said...

Hey Sara - What an awesome vacation you had! Too bad Steve missed it, but judging in the hours he spent on the Xbox, you probably pulled up before he even realized you had left! hahaha! The beach there is awesome! Where in FL was this again?
BTW - SEA TURTLES RULE! You have to get your scuba cert and go to Hawaii with us - then you can go to the Turtle Cleaning Station and dive down about 25 - 30 feet and swim with the "Honu's" (Hawaiian for Turtles!)

Brooke said...

Those are great pictures!