Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 20

Books!

I was tagged by Stephanie and now she must be punished... (j/k)... here is my list of books that I have read/almost read. It's not great.. but some of them are really good books. WARNING: I like girlie books ;0)

I'll read one book by an author and love it, so then I read all their other books. My top 3 favorite authors are: Catherine Anderson, Janette Oke and Nicholas Sparks.

Here's My Answers:

1. One book that changed your life? A Walk To Remember by Nicolas Sparks. This was the very first book that I read front to back and was addicted ever since. This book is SO much better then the movie, even though the movie was awesome too! My sister-in-law Amy was the one that passed this book onto me, so she is to blame ;O)

2. One book that you have read more than once? I could read ANY of Catherine Anderson's books, over and over. I have liked them all. Annie's Song is my favorite. The description isn't that great, but it's set back in the 1800's. It doesn't really tell you that. It's a very, very good book.

3. One book you would want on a desert island? I would take an Idiots Guide by Frank Sargent, because I would want to get off the island. Although I have not read this book, I'm sure it would help somehow... on an island.

4. One book that made you laugh? Ha, ha... well... Chicken Soup For The NASCAR Soul by Jack Canfield, Jeff Aubery, Mark Victor Hansen, Jeff Aubrey, Matthew E. Adams. I got this book for Christmas one year from Steve, because we are pretty big NASCAR fans. We all love NASCAR ;O)

5. One book that made you cry? A Child Called It, The Lost Boy & Man Named Dave all by Dave Peltzer. They not only made me cry, but made me physically sick. If you haven't read them, don't let that stop you, they are very, very good books!

6. One book you wish had never been written? Well, that's a little harsh but, A Million Little Pieces by James Frey. I read this book and was so dissapointed when I learned he made up half of the information in the book. I wish he would have just written about his own experience, or at least made it so it was a non-fiction book. Either way would have been fine.

7. One book you are currently reading? The Love Comes Series by Janette Oke. I have read this series before many times. I love the values and guidance these books give you in the background of the main story. It's very inspiring. I also love the writting of Janette Oke. All these books take place in the 1800'ish era.

8. One book you have been meaning to read? The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown. I have tried a few times and just couldn't understand what I was reading. I get too confused with big words. So I try every so often, because I really want to read it, but then I stop because I have read chapters and couldn't tell you want's been going on. I'll get through it someday though.

If you would like to make a book list of your own copy and paste these questions and put them in a new post on your blog. Crystal, Mom, Brooke & Amy - It would be neat to see what you answer for these questions. If you can or want to...

4 comments:

TheMildrens said...

This is awesome! I will answer the same questions on my Blog, so look for them!

Lillian D said...

I've read so many I really have to think about this. We'll see.

Crystal Starr said...

Well thank you friend, finally someone tagged me for this. I just might do it too. My other "friends" including my very own husband apparently didn't think I was cool enough to tag.

I say to them...=oP




This is all in jest btw!

Steph Stanger said...

Did I e-mail you that Picture? I remember trying I just can't remember if I was ever succesful. =)I wasn't sure if I had your current e-mail address. If I didn't e-mail you...can you e-mail me at my church address so I can just hit reply.