Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 12

Bought A House!!

So... we finalized the paperwork today and bought a house! It's in Plainfield, IL (yes, where they have all the tornadoes) and is really starting to grow (the town that is). It's a two story home, with a family room, kitchen, dining room, den and three bedrooms. It's brand new, which is nice because it's a blank slate that we can do anything to. Steve was hoping for something he could fix up (he has been really wanting to do this), but this was just too good to pass up. I feel a little bad for him, because I think the home projects would be really fun to do together, and he was hoping to learn how to do them.

Let me know anytime you would like to come and stay, you are more than welcome!!! I would love it if you could come!!! :)

Here's a picture of the outside.


5 comments:

Crystal Starr said...

WOW Sara that's huge and sooo nice! I want a brand new house too. Scott really wanted to buy a fixer upper and so we did (plus it’s all we could afford in this area). But I do love our house so much and it's going to be sooooooooooo nice when it's done. He just informed me that after he fixes this one up he wants to buy another fixer upper!! OY VEY!!!

If you need any help with unpacking or just company or anything at all let me know. I am home nearly everyday.

Hope to see you soon. =o)

Steph Stanger said...

Happy house day Sara! It looks sooo nice! That's funny you all want houses you can fix up! I soooo don't want that! Arrggghhh stress! Luckily are house is in pretty decent shape but there are certainly some areas needing fixing! Like the roof and flooding basement...grrrrr! Anyways I can't wait to see it! How far is that?

Steve and Sara said...

It's between an hour and a 1.5 hours. It depends on how fast you drive. When you mapquest it, it says it should take you an hour and a half. But when I drive it, it's only taking me an hour (or so), so I think I drive faster. It's mostly all farms, a really super beautiful drive, but it is a bit of a drive.

I hope you guys will come visit me!!! I would love for you to!!!

Steve and Sara said...

Crystal, that's funny that he wants another one. My Dad is just like that too... I'm sure Steve would be too, but we have never had the opportunity to build/improve anything really other than painting. And he hates painting!! LOL.

Crystal Starr said...

Sara I can't wait to come see you and your new house!

Um...ya my husband is a bit of a workaholic when he isn't working or being productive he goes nuts. The hard thing is he expects me to be this way too. I'm not saying I don't work hard but I am saying I LOVE not doing anything too.

He is very very very handy and a perfectionist and so good at house stuff. And if he doesn't know how to do something he learns and he learns fast.

I would like to be able to enjoy his handy work for while after he is done. For me the reason we are fixing it up so good is so we can do just that enjoy it!

I really am grateful for Scott though he really amazes me.