Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 1

Updates


So, I wanted to update you on a few things. First, I wanted to explain why I have not been on so much. We are putting our house up for sale next week, so we have been running around like chickens. Here is what my weekend entailed:
~ Went to Lowes to get more trim pieces.
~ Painted the trim.
~ Went to Home Depot for corner pieces.
~ Painted the corner pieces.
~ Caulked the kitchen sink.
~ Helped Steve carry flooring upstairs to our bathroom so he could start on that.
~ Helped Steve with the toilet. We had to take that out.
~ Put a second coat on the trim & corner pieces.
~ Went to back to Home Depot to get a wax ring for the toilet.
~ Steve then went to H.D. to get a new saw blade... the other one was sparking.
~ Finished putting in the flooring in the bathroom, put the toilet back where it's supposed to go and the wax ring didn't fit... too small.
~ Gave up for the day and went out to dinner. Margaritaville.... mmmm....
~ The following day we did some other stuff, but mainly installed the trim and corner pieces, caulked the trim, put in the tub stripping and after coming home from H.D. AGAIN we were able to put back the toilet and everything fit correctly.
~ I also did all of our laundry & we grocery shopping for the week.

Here is a list that we still need to do:
~ Finish the flooring in the spare bathroom and then we are done. (Hurray!!!)
~ Shave some of the doors so they close properly.
~ Paint the doors we shaved.
~ Remove the rest of the pictures from the walls, fill holes & paint.
~ We disconnected the alarm system, so we need to hook that back up for the home inspector. Only problem is... we don't know the code :(
~ We need to repaint the back patio... it was painted when we bought the house, and it's all chipped now. That needs to be fixed.

Ok, I think that is it. We are almost done though. I'll be so excited when this is all done and we can put our house up. It's so scary having strange people walk through your house, so I want to make sure we take down and pack anything I don't want up/out.

I will be busy for another week. The following weekend after that, I am going to CA for see Nickel & Gustavo. So, sometime after that, I will post pictures and updates.

Until then, above is a photo of the bathroom we just finished this weekend.

We took this when we went to Margaritaville!

3 comments:

Steph Stanger said...

sooo fun!! It will be fun having more people around who know how to do home improvements! =) Your bathroom looks great!!

Crystal Starr said...

Oh man that sounds like a lot of work. I hear ya on scary think about people walking through your house judging it. I sometimes think that if Scott and I ever sell this house how sad it would be to hear anyway say anything negative about our house. Especially after all of the hard work Scott has put into it and all the work he is going to put in to it.

I just hope it sells fast and ya'll move back quick!

SUPER cute picture of you and SteveO btw!

Brooke said...

Great job! It's almost over!!

I agree with Crystal. It's hard hearing people talking trash about your house. Especially how nice it is. We got many bad marks and we didn't understand how. We fixed up the house and I cleaned every night!