Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 23

5 Months Old

5 Months Old

You have been such a happy baby (unless we are around a crowd of people or a stranger talks to you, then you scream like your legs are being ripped off).

You have the cutest little smile and laugh.  I love making you smile, so I'm pretty sure you think I'm the biggest dork on the planet.  Lee and Daddy do it too, Lee is actually pretty good at getting you to smile.  You follow him with your eyes where ever he goes.  You took a toy away from him the other day (you've been very big on rolling to where you want to go) and I was cringing waiting for the backlash, but he just laughed at you and "petted" your head and said, "ok, I share with you Elsie".  It was really super cute and endearing.
(My sister Kelly and Elsie)

Remember before when I mentioned that you like to scream when a stranger comes near you?  Well, we were at Target and a nice elderly lady just wanted to say hi to you and you screamed your head off.  Next thing I know, Lee is crying too.  I had 2 kids, crying like crazy.  I asked Lee why he was crying and he said "I don't know, but why is Elsie crying?"  So we had a small talk about how you don't know how to react with strangers and that Lee should be a good example and not cry.  Well see how that goes.  


The other day Lee was sitting next to you playing with a toy and it fell over and hit you on the head.  You started to cry and I came over to console you.  I looked down at Lee and he had these huge tears in his eyes and then started crying because he hurt you.  I want to document 2 things right now... 1. I know for sure this will not last forever and you two will be fighting over toys soon enough.  So here's proof that your brother does love you!  2. If Lee turns out to have a soft/gentle heart ever, I owe it all to you.  You have that little boy wrapped around your fingers.  He was yelling at me this morning because we were going to a movie and he wanted to leave earlier than when we needed to, he looked at you, smiled and gave you a kiss.  I get screamed at and you get kisses.

You have started to dislike hate your bottles.  You will drink a little bit of milk and then hold out until you get baby food.  You are liking LOVING your baby food.  You will eat oatmeal and sometimes 2 jars of baby food in one sitting.  It's crazy to me how much you can eat of that stuff, but refuse your bottle.  The very first time we started feeding you with a spoon, you had it down pretty good about the 5th spoonful. 
(Your first day eating oatmeal - May 27, 2010)
(These were taken her 1st time eating with a spoon - May 27, 2010)

We went to your first movie in the movie theater today.  You didn't really care for it.  It wasn't a big deal, but I did have to stand with you for most of it.  We saw Kung Fu Panda.  Or Panda Chinese Food as Lee calls it.  Whichever.

We set up your jumper and you LOVE it!  You can be in there hours at a time!  You can jump pretty high now too!

You are a rolling fool and sitting up is starting to get better.  You rolled over to the DVD player the other day and started playing with the buttons.  Lee came over to gently help you remove you from this situation as you were about to turn off his show and picked you up and then just dropped you to the side.  He was sitting and you didn't cry, just so you know.  There was no damage done.  Although, Lee got a talking to about picking you up.

You started playing with your feet too!  It's so cute to see you stare at your hands and feet.  I love it!
You can bring home dogs from Alaska with your high, ear-piercing squeaking you do.  I'm serious when I say that it's ear-piercing.  Lee holds his hands over his ears and screams for you to stop.  I just laugh, because you're only doing it when you're at your happiest.  He pretty much hates it though and it's funny to watch him sit next to you with his hands over his ears, pleading with me to make you stop.

Did I mention your two favorite things right now are eating anything but bananas with a spoon and rolling around on the floor?

Happy 5 month birthday baby girl.  We all love you SO much!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I love how well you document things and include the cutest pictures ever. I still can't believe that Els is 5 months old. She is growing up too fast. Love that sweet little girl:)