Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 9

Happy 4th of July!

We had a great 4th of July. Parade, food, family, friends and fireworks. What more could you ask for? This year was the 1st time Steve didn't have to work, so we were all able to go to the parade together. The rain held off too, so that was nice.

It was nice seeing my family, although we missed my Grandma and Grandpa, we had to leave before they were able to make it to my Aunts house. I didn't think Lee would do good with the fireworks being so loud, so we opted out and headed home so everyone could get a nap in. My neighbor Liz has two little boys and she knows of some areas where you can watch fireworks but not hear them, so she invited us over for dinner and convinced us to go and I'm so glad we did. It was a lot of fun! Next year I think he'll be ready to handle them full blown! It worked perfect though because in Naperville, there's an area where you can sit in a well lit parking lot and see them pretty clearly. So we just parked and stayed right by the car! Lee was interested in them for all of 1 minute and then wanted to get down to run around.

Waiting for the parade to start.

Wanting to run up and down the hill like big kids, but was too scared.


My cousin Megans brand new baby girl! She was so sweet and cuddly!


My Aunt Kathy, Uncle Milan and their two girls, Steph and Lisa.


My cousin Megan, her husband Brent and their newest addition Lucia. They have a 4 year old as well you'll see in other pictures. Beth and Lee got along really well together and had a lot of fun playing!


Beth helping Lee too run up and down the hill!

Steve's new trick. Jumping over Lee!

Climbing!

Grandma and Lee waiting for the parade to start!

Waiting...

Beth and her Daddy Brent


Here it comes! The sirens were really loud!


Getting and grabbing candy. Grandma was helping Lee and showing him what to do!


Beth and Lee had a lot of fun grabbing up the candy!

The clowns. They are so fun!

Cheery girls.

Thats my Grandma. She was on the old people float and Jackie tells it! She was throwing us candy.



Steve, Lee and my Dad. My Dad and Jackie were in the Elgin parade and weren't able to make it to the Rolling Meadows one. So we saw them later on at my Aunts house.

Asleep in the car. It took all of 2 minutes before he was asleep. Too much excitement!


Naperville fireworks show! These are all the boys! They are also our neighbors.

Lee with his flag!


Sitting in the back of the car.

Letting off some poppie thingies. Spencer is eating Lee's snack. That boy just might eat anything you put infront of him, lol. Lee was totally not into eating a snack, so I'm glad someone ate it!


Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Andy said...

Nice pictures. Lee is a knockout.

Brooke said...

I love the picture of you three.