Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 6

Steak Fajitas


I'm going to start posting more recipes that I have tried. Good and bad!


I tried making steak fajitas tonight for the first time, they have always intimidated me. I'm weird, I know, I just can't help it. So here is what I did (I took the easy way out), however, I didn't follow the directions on the package.


1.5lb Steak

1 Package Fajitas mix

2 Green Peppers

1 Red Pepper

1 Medium Onion

2 T Oil


I heated the 2T vegetable oil in a pan. While that was heating I thinly sliced the steak, cutting all the fat off. Browned the steak, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Drain. Add 1/2 cup water and package of fajita mix. Mix well, over medium heat (basically so this gets to a boil). Once mixed well, add in all your veggies. Cover. Simmer for about 20 minutes on a low/low-med heat, stirring occasionally.
It was a little runny after the 20 minutes, so I cooked another 5 minutes uncovered and that helped a lot. Serve on flour tortilla with sour cream, cheese, salsa and/or guacamole. They turned out great!

No comments: