Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 26

Master Bathroom ... Done!!

We started to tile in the house last weekend. We have carpet in our dining room (right where the sliding glass door is) and it's filthy because of the dogs. Well, before we start the HUGE task of tiling the dining/kitchen room, considering we have never tiled before in our lives, we chose to do our master bathroom first. It's still a big enough area, yet small enough to finish if we get completely overwhelmed we can finish easy enough. It was awesome to have my Dad here to show us (or to show Steve) how to tile. He came over early last Saturday and he and Steve got right to work. Here are some before and after pictures of our bathroom.

Before we tore up the old flooring.

Another view of the bathroom, before w/ old floor.

Steve & my Dad starting the tiling process.

My Dad making some cuts.

The finished floor & bathroom.

The finished "potty" area.

More of the finished bathroom.

Just another view.
Thanks Dad for coming over and showing Steve the how to... You guys did an AMAZING job and I absolutely LOVE IT!!! Thanks again for all your help.

7 comments:

~Wolf~ said...

It looks great!!!!

Lillian D said...

What a difference! At first I thought it would look almost the same (colors, etc) but the finished product is amazing. How did you and Steve get things done here in Vegas without good ol dad.

Steph Stanger said...

Hi Sara, I keep going and writting these long comments and when I go to post blogger won't let me sighn in! Grrrr...something about beta and my google e-mail not being confirmed, blah, blah, blah...

Anyways! I love the bathroom!! You and Steve need to give Mark and I house remodeling classes! The Kunzes are skilled like that too!

AND I so am wearing your overalls in the picture I had posted! Haha! I think I had shrunk them and they were too short for you. You eventually forgave me because you knew I needed fashion help. (and you got to work at the GAP!!)

About the party...Even when I get my invite...I'm still crashing! =) I can't wait to see you! =)

Steph Stanger said...

that has got to be one of the most random comments ever! =)

TheMildrens said...

OK, I'm totally mad. I left a comment on here last week, and it's GONE! Dang new Blogger sign-in! What a PITA!
Love the tile - can't wait to see it in person! Love the reference to Monster House "DONE!" Sadly, I knew what you were talking about immediately! Too much TLC for me!

Crystal Starr said...

That looks GREAT Sara. Scott and I are going to use a similar tile when we tile the bathroom upstairs. I think it just may be a little lighter. We went to Home Depot this weekend to look at some we like. I'm so glad it's a super tiny room so we can get really nice tile for a cheap price.

Good job Steve and Dad!

Brooke said...

That is beautiful! Good job Steve and Dad. Tell Steve he better hurry up on the dining room!
:)
I cannot wait to see it in person.
Miss you terribly.