Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 20

Addicted to TV

Steve used to work really early in the morning so he would go to bed at 6pm each night during the week. That meant I was home with nothing to really do while he slept. So I watched TV. Well, I realized tonight that I watch too much. Steve has a pretty normal work schedule now and we could be doing so many other things.

There are a few shows that I like to watch (ok, more than a few). Over the years I have picked up one show here and there and I really look forward to them each week. Here are the shows that I/we like to watch each week... it's sad I know.

7th Heaven - I've just watched the Camden's too long to stop now. I love the show each week, and the lessons it teaches.

Gilmore Girls - This is a really good show too. I only started watching two years ago. I should get the first couples seasons and watch them since I have missed them.

Amazing Race - This is the coolest show. I love the idea and seeing everyone fight and get frustrated because they can't figure out where they are or how they got lost. I love it!

One Tree Hill - For some reason this high-school drama is so entertaining. I started watching this show from day one, and I am sorry to say I have hooked a many-of-friends into watching. It's very, very high school and very drama!

LOST - I watch this show, week after week, and still I can't tell you really what the plot is about without sounding like a total goob. So I am just going to say, I'll watch until they tell me why the heck these people were able to survive a plane crash & why they are all on this mysterical place/world/island. This show is very frustrating, but very addictive.

Survivor - Ah, survivor. There is a funny story behind this show. On our honeymoon (yes, our honeymoon), Steve was all excited because there was going to be this brand new type of show that was called "Survivor" - reality based. He told me the gist of it and we eagerly awaited the first episode. We waited for the premier in our log cabin in Oklahoma and watched. And hooked we were for the first season. The seasons after we didn't watch, until my sister Kelly was talking about it with my parents last year. I realized that I really liked that show and so we started watching last season and are watching this season as well.

Reba - This is just a very cute, light-hearted show. I laugh almost the whole time it's on.

Other shows that we will occasionally watch if they are on and there is nothing else to watch: Everybody Loves Raymond and FRIENDS.

Yikes, I need to change this a little. I need to reprioritize my schedule so we're not sitting infront of the TV all night. I feel like I did so much more before I watched all these shows. It is fun though, plus I'm getting Steve addicted ;)

3 comments:

Steph Stanger said...

Sara, I watch:
LOST
Greys Anatomy on ABC sundays after desperate house wifes, which I watch too.
24!!!!!!!!!
Gilmore Girls
Amazing Race
Survivor
Alias...when I have nothing better to do
and Extreme Home Make Over

Steve and Sara said...

Oh, i forgot about Extreme Home Makeover. I love that show too. It makes me cry every week though. It's very good though.

Crystal Starr said...

I don't have TV so I rent Gilmore Girls and Lost. Well I have seen all of the first season of Lost so now I catch up with this season on the internet. Although, I find that I am getting bored with it. I really like being able to watch them all at once. I hate waiting week after week to watch a show it takes too long!

When I did have TV I was hooked on 7th Heaven!

Currently I am waiting for the next (from last season) 24 to come out on DVD so I can watch that!


I go to my sister's house to watch Nip Tuck. I know that is a REALLY bad one. *blushes* as *hangs head in shame* Corey has Tivo (is that how you spell it?) so we ALWAYS fast forward any sex stuff.