Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 8

Visiting Santa

Ha, ha, ha!  I love this picture.  There's a good story to this.  We were visiting Steve's family in Las Vegas (we stayed with Matt and Amy) and went to Mandalay Bay's Shark Reef one morning.  Santa just happened to be there, so we payed a visit.  Here's where the story begins.

For the whole month of December all Lee asked for was "star wars toys".  That's all he wanted from Santa.  Everyday was "star wars toys".  We go to see Santa, who happened to be at the shark reef, and Lee tells him "I want a telescope".  WHAT??  Santa = failed, because he brought... (drum roll) ... Star Wars toys.  Has not mentioned a telescope since visiting Santa however, so that worked out good!

Fast forward to this week (2 weeks after Christmas).  We're at a friends house that has a "red airplane".  Insert 3 continuous days of how Lee "has to have" this red airplane.  Steve and I are not buying anymore toys... for a long... long... time.  Lee then said he was going to ask the next person that came to our house for a gift card so he could buy the red airplane.  NO!  <-- our response.  Lee then was throwing a little fit over this "red airplane" and said "why couldn't Santa have brought me a red airplane?" 

Me: Because you wanted Santa to bring you Star Wars toys. 
Lee: ACTUALLY... I asked Santa for a telescope and HE didn't bring me one. 
Me: Um... ahhh... ya.

3 comments:

Crystal Starr said...

I looooooooooooove Lee!!!! That is so funny about the telescope! LOVE IT.

That picture is magazine worthy, btw.

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

Haha! I guess the nice thing about baby's first Christmas is no expectations!

We did the Mandalay Bay Shark Reef when Steph and Mark were in town - very cool! My favorite was the jelly fish tank. :)

The Skibbens said...

Hahaha! This is hilarious! Lee is such a character...he cracks me up! The picture is amazing!