Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 11

Lazy Sunday Afternoon!

We decided to have a lazy day today because I was not feeling well at all this weekend. Steve has been taking good care of me ;0) I came home on Friday with a really bad sore throat and my whole body aching. I decided to just relax and do nothing this weekend.

Steve and I were starting to get hungry this morning so I decided to make cheesy fries. I haven't made them in a really long time, Steve's sister Amy taught me how to make them to taste just like Outback Steakhouse's "Aussie Fries". They were so good that I decided to post her recipe. They are PERFECT for when you want to have that lazy day!


CHEESY FRIES with BACON
Bag Ziestie (crispy) Fries from Ore-Ida
1 Bag Colby Jack shredded cheese
1 Bag Bacon Bits

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Bake the ziestie fries as directed on the bag (I only use 1/2 the bag at a time for the two of us but we always have tons left over). Make sure that they are all the way done and crispy. While they are cooking (this takes about 20 minutes) you can spray a pie pan with cooking spray.

When fries are done leave the oven on at 425. Place half of your fries in the pie plate and cover with a thin layer of cheese (I would use about 1/2 - 3/4 cup of cheese). Spread the rest of fries ontop and more cheese, I just make sure the fries are all covered. Lastly spread your bacon bits (as much as you like) on the very top and bake 5 more minutes (or until cheese is melted). ENJOY!

4 comments:

Steve and Sara said...

They are sooo good. Mmmm

Crystal Starr said...

OOoooo I LOVE Aussie fries!!!! Do you just use ranch to dip them in?

Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

Steve and Sara said...

Yep! I just dip the fries in regular ranch dressing ;0)

So yummy. Let me know if you try it!!

TheMildrens said...

Wow! I'm so flattered! YAY! My recipie made you feel better! Now Kayle and I have the taste for those fries. I think we'll be making them this weekend! One minor adjustment to the recipie - make sure they are REAL bacon bits - not the fake crunchy ones!